How to Apply
Who Can Apply?
All Northwestern Academy applicants must demonstrate an aptitude for long-term academic performance, demonstrated by a strong high school curriculum and transcript. Applicants must also demonstrate motivation and willingness to engage in intensive learning experiences both in and out of school. All applicants must currently be enrolled in the ninth grade at a non-selective enrollment Chicago Public School.
Applicants must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- First generation in their family to attend a four-year college in the United States
- Come from a socioeconomically disadvantaged household (e.g., qualification for free or reduced price lunch, or an income of about $65,000 or less for a family of four)
- Identify with a racial or ethnic group that is traditionally underrepresented in higher education (e.g., African American, Native American, Hispanic/Latino, Pacific Islander)
To be considered for Northwestern Academy, students must complete and submit an online application, available at the link below.
The online application includes the following components:
- Personal and family information
- Writing samples, including short answers and essays
- Recommendation from a current math or English teacher
- School report from a current counselor, adviser, principal or IB coordinator
- Release of data information waiver
Northwestern Academy for Chicago Public SchoolsSchool of Education & Social Policy
710 N. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60611